On occasion of the European Union – India summit, which took place on 30 March 2016 in Brussels, Eurostat issued some data on economic relations between India and the EU. The key findings:
- India was the 9th biggest EU trading partner in 2015, after South Korea and ahead of Brazil
- EU trade in goods balance with India in 2015: deficit of €1.3 billion
- Manufactured goods largely dominate both exports and imports
- Countries with the largest surplus with India: Belgium and Germany.
- Largest deficit: the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Spain
- EU trade in services balance with India in 2015: surplus of €0.3 billion
- Comsidering Foreign direct investment (FDI), the EU is a net investor with India